Monday, January 6, 2020

A New Year: Keeping Your LGD Female Safe When Coming in Heat

A New Year: Keeping Your LGD Female Safe
When Coming in Heat


My large LGD dogs - Spanish Mastiffs and Pyrenean Mastiffs - have kept "low and quiet" for many months. Today, my 4 year old SM female has began showing some "excitement" and happiness, and slightly flirting with two of my old (11 year old) Anatolian x Maremma boys, Pak and Pala. Her gigantic Spanish Mastiff stud Furiano, hasn't got too interested yet which is good as, because of my attack with Multiple Sclerosis last September of 2018, my putting dogs up for heat and pups is long gone now. I cannot do it anymore. I have not done any pups for going on four years now, which is fine. 

It is important to keep my dogs healthy and calm. I've decided to try a new, more quiet and calm "Relax" from Mr. Harvey's famous dog food and medicine deals.  This supplement is noted for stress and anxiety supplements. I've decided to try this for the first time. I find it on Chewy: https://www.drharveys.com/products/dogs/181-relax-herbal-relax-supplement-for-dogs



Relax 

Herbal Relax Supplement for Dogs

  • Gentle Powdered formula
  • Promote calming effect and sense of relaxation
  • Can use Every Day
  • No Chemicals, Dyes, Preservatives or Synthetic Ingredients of any kind

Active Ingredients per Scoop (2.6 grams):
A proprietary Blend of Alfalfa, Kelp, Flaxseed, Brewer’s Yeast, Lecithin Granules, Spirulina, Garlic, Rose Hips, Red Clover, Kava Kava, Hops, Chamomile, Catnip Leaf, Damiana, Lobelia, Passion Flower, Valerian Root, Rosemary Leaf, Skullcap…………………………………………………….. 2.6 grams

Product Facts (continued):

For use in dogs only. This product has been manufactured using herbs which not only make the product gentle but also help promote calming effect and sense of relaxation to help curb destructive behavior.
Directions for Use:
Amount may vary based on weight of dog. Use scoop amounts daily listed below. This container holds approximately 76 scoops. Do not exceed recommended amounts unless under the guidance of a veterinarian.
2-20 lb…………………………………………………………….1 scoop
21-50 lb…………………………………………………………2 scoops
51-95 lb…………………………………………………………3 scoops
96-150 lb……………………………………………………….4 scoops

I also like Dr. Harvey's price on produces from Chewy. Very reasonable!

Meanwhile, I have a plan for Gwangi my female Spanish Mastiff who is coming into heat. She'll be gently wiped on by my Vicks Vapor oil around her rear end which keeps the smell of the Vicks noticeably "bored" from any males - in other words, keeps the males not as interested. And most important: no male dogs fighting with each other! 

That includes Pyrenean Mastiff male Bobo, the hugest SM dog on the USA, Furiano, and Pak and Pala!

When the time comes and I have to keep Gwangi in the house against the males, I can also see if one of my "panty waist dolls" on her will fit, and subsequently keep her away from a male:




Now the biggest ones I own are XX Large sized for my dear senior Great Pyrenees Pinta who is 11 years old and is used for her urination issues (refer my older post on my Blog: http://spanishmastiff.blogspot.com/2019/09/lets-talk-about-helping-senior-aged.html )

However for Gwangi who is much larger, I will be looking on Amazon to see if they sell a XXX or 4X Large "panty waist doll" for her.

Folks go ahead a laugh at these all you want. The truth is these kinds of female dog diapers are the best way to use for senior citizen dogs with urination problems and for females who are on heat. Check it out first before you think it's a "joke" because you might find out you're the LGD owner with a female who got stuck on heat accidentally because you haven't taken any time to read or try the other way!

Good luck!

Here's a couple of product diapers from Amazon you should check out!

PETBABA FEMALE DOG DIAPERS 3 packs:



BWOGUE PREMIUM DOG DIAPERS FEMALE 2 packs:







Search This Blog

Popular Posts!