Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Dust to Dust: Reminding your Livestock Guardian Dogs, Predators, and Creatures


Dust to Dust: Reminding your Livestock Guardian Dogs,
Predators and Creatures


Remember man that you are dust and into dust you shall return….

Today is what is referred to as “Fat Tuesday” which is the day before the official Ash Wednesday of Lent, which begins forty days of penance, fasting and prayer. Of course myself, being born, raised and bred Catholic from my childhood in California, I know what it means. I am sure there are plenty of Livestock Guardian Dog owners who also know what Ash Lent means. But maybe many do not. That is okay, as anyone who wonders, can look online and study Lent.

For me, I cling Lent even more closer and harder than I did before. My attack of stroke and Multiple Sclerosis that came the morning of September 17, 2018 when I woke up as I put up my famous book, The Way of The Pack: Understanding and Living With Livestock Guardian Dog, was a wake up call. My MS comes and goes; recently my stroke issues and MS has been worse – again. So be it – I do as best as I can do. I pray my 15-decade rosary. I read my Missal. I think every day as I work on my LGDs outside, tending my sheep, working on the soil and the trees and the ranch.

My book is getting more famous even more now, it seems, with people buying it. 

Hundreds of people have bought a copy. Many of them contact me and tell me how much it has helped them, and how they keep going back for reference more and more, again and again. They realize the humble book reaches out to everyone. How more people can take a step back and learn. I am glad they are reading the in-depth chapters that really ask people to believe, trust, have faith and most important, the kindness of dogs and predators as well.

So as it begins Ash Wednesday tomorrow, I kindly ask more people to take a breath, step back, and yes, ask a prayer or two for understanding over their working dogs, their predator animals, their creatures and family. God be with you.





Search This Blog

Popular Posts!