Saturday, October 27, 2018


“Every rancher, farmer, livestock grower should rush out to read your book before even contacting l g d breeders. If they take your words seriously they are bound to have less aggravation and better management of both their dogs and stock, not to mention more humane treatment of living beings. We are on the same page about secure fencing. Here in New England especially all livestock growers need secure fencing. I have my own war stories about farmers who refuse to put up proper fencing. In effect game over if they have bad fencing. They might as well not have dogs or even livestock. Incidentally when I was quite young a Mastiff breeder told me that bundle Mastiffs and GreatDanes tended to be sharper than the fawns. In All probability our paths have crossed in the past as I ,too, has a few pieces in publications and books that you are in. Did you know Charlie Parker from the AmericanSheep Industry ?. He and I maintained a close correspondence and met when he came east. He was very supported of the kind of methodology that you and I believe in. While I reluctantly finally got online,I still have serious reservations about the internet .we have gone from print( long attention span) to the internet( short attention span). An issue hard to resolve. It is not just ranchers who might not consider the importance of guiding and training their dogs, Unfortunately I see few people on the street with dogs that have been trained to walk by the handler's side without pulling him or her to the towns over. Good luck with your book. Again, a great accomplishment and a wonderful tribute to reason and kindness.”
--- Marcia
LIVESTOCK GUARDIANS: GREAT PYRENEES AND PYRENEAN MASTIFFS
LIVESTOCK GUARDIAN DOGS:THE WAY OF THE PACK BRENDA NEGRI
SPANISH MASTIFF: THE LARGEST DOG BREED YOU DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED

Search This Blog

Popular Posts!